Thursday, February 17, 2011

Having a serious case of nesting...

Nesting Instinct
-noun
Around the fifth month of pregnancy, the "nesting" instinct can set in. This is an uncontrollable urge to clean one's house brought on by a desire to prepare a nest for the new baby, to tie up loose ends of old projects, and to organize your world.


Until yesterday, I didn't realize there was an actual "term" for my madness! I just thought I was going off the deep end. My "to do" list grows every day and I have an uncontrollable need to redecorate every room in my house all of a sudden. Which isn't good when I'm trying to save money for baby! One day I spent 5 hours cleaning/organizing my bathroom, my makeup, and linen closet. Insane. My husband thinks I've lost it...

Here's a few things I'm drooling over to get for the house:

1. New bedroom set. I was leaning towards white but the hubby thinks white furniture looks cheap, so I guess maybe a darker wood

2. I'm in love with these beautiful benches.

3. Our mudroom desperately needs some organization for all the shoes, backpacks, coats, etc. that wind up in there. Plus Logan needs a nice comfy place to sit down to put his shoes on in the mornings. I'm thinking this storage bench would do the trick.

4. I love birds. End of story.

5. Even though we have carpet in our living room, I think I want to get an area rug to add some color.

6. I love these chalkboards...think they would be so fun either in the kitchen (for grocery lists, recipes) or Logan's room.

....Bye bye tax return!

No comments: